Waiting on Wednesday (65) - The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: April 17, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen

Summary (from Goodreads):
In the end, all that’s left is an echo.

Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice.


When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye...
Raise your hand if you're just as excited as I am to see what is going to happen next to Violet in the third novel of The Body Finder series! Okay, because I can't actually see them, I'm assuming that includes ALL of you! I really do love these novels and I'm sure The Last Echo is going to be just as great as the previous two. Heart-pounding suspense, mystery and romance... it's an awesome combination! And while I do still love Jay, I'm also curious to learn more Rafe because there's definitely more to him than meets the eye...

Waiting until April for The Last Echo is definitely going to be a long one! But, at least, we only have to wait until November for something new by Kimberly Derting to be released because The Pledge, the first in her new dystopian series, will be out then! 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I am waiting for this one too! Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I still need to read Desires of the Dead! The saddest part is - I have a copy. It's been sitting in my bookshelf for ages, I just haven't been able to squeeze it in yet. But I LOVED The Body Finder so I really want to get to it soon. Preferably way before The Last Echo comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so creepy!

    I'll be adding it to my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Raises hand* I'm with you, I want to know more about the mysterious Rafe and his abilities, but also hoping for some smushy romance with Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous cover! I hope it turns out to be as great as you hope it to be! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh heck yes!! Can't wait! And I'm all for Rafe as long as he doesn't come between Jay and Violet. I think that would be so typical and I have faith that Kimberly Derting is better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crazy excited about this one. Jay and Violet are one of my favorite fictional couples. :)

    Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete