Waiting on Wednesday (62) - Saving June by Hannah Harrington

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: November 22, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Summary (from Goodreads):
If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that.

When Harper Scott’s older sister, June, takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.

When her divorcing parents decide to split up her sister’s ashes, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She'll steal the urn and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going—California.

Enter Jake Tolan. He's a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession…and an unknown connection to June. So when he insists on joining them, Harper's just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanor and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs. Except...Jake's keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper's life upside down—again.

Sometimes, I really wish I did have a NetGalley account... because if I did, I would have instantly requested to read Saving June as soon as I could! When I learned the release date had been pushed back to the end of November, earlier in the summer, I was actually read sad because I'd been so excited to read the novel! I'm always on the lookout for contemporary YA novels that include road trips and a heartfelt story because I've had some good times with them... and it looks like Saving June will be no exception. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this one!  

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I've seen this book on Netgalley, and it sounds really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I've heard some great things about this one. I can't wait to read it when it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one too - it sounds so good, and I love the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've seen some great reviews for Saving June. I don't think I've read a road trip book and the story sounds so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this mentioned a couple of different times and I'm getting more and more into the Contemps. This one looks like it's going to be fantastic and emotional. Plus, road trip. I'm totally in, great pick!

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like an incredible read. I thought I had it added to my wishlist but I didn't. Like you, I love a good road trip plot. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished this and loved it , Wasnt at all what I expected :)

    ReplyDelete