Waiting on Wednesday (63) - Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: March 6, 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Summary (from Goodreads):
Gabby Gardiner wakes up in a hospital bed looking like a cautionary ad for drunk driving and lacking a single memory of the accident that landed her there. What she can remember, in frank and sardonic detail, is the year leading up to the accident.

As she takes us through her transformation from invisible girl to on-trend Girl Who Dates Billy Nash (aka Most Desirable Boy Ever), she is left wondering: Why is Billy suddenly distancing himself from her? What do her classmates know that Gabby herself does not? Who exactly was in the car that night? And why is Gabby left alone to take the fall?

Putting the pieces together will take every ounce of Gabby's strength. As she peels back the layers of her life, she begins to realize that her climb up the status ladder has been as intoxicating as it has been morally complex...and that nothing about her life is what she has imagined it to be.

Isn't the cover for Where It Began just so pretty? I sure love the angle they've captured for the cover with the way the girl stares out at us and the light from the sun in the background. The premise for this contemporary novel sure sounds great too! It will be intriguing to discover just what kinds of things Gabby can't remember because of the accident and why her classmates aren't being more supportive. Where It Began is Ann Redisch Stampler's YA debut novel! I can't wait to read this one!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This book sounds really intense! I haven read something like that in a while. I want it now!

    XD

    Take care and happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is just way too pretty, and the book does sound intense.

    Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this book, a little If I Fall-ish. Plus the cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting on this one too, and I agree the cover is so pretty! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my WoW picks a while ago! I agree, the sunlight effect really works in this cover. The angle of her head and her solemn expression also make it just a little bit unsettling, in a way. And amnesiac storylines always provide a lot of potential for drama and secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Everyone is picking such amazing books this week, my list is growing ever longer and my bank account is soon to be ever decreasing. Can't find it in my heart to be upset about it though, I clearly need all of these books:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get my hands on a copy of Where It Began...I just wish that the publication date wasn't still so far off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of this title. Man so many great books coming out!! Hopefully they are GREAT reads as well!! =D

    ReplyDelete