Stacking the Shelves (4)

2:55 PM

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by fellow Canadian blogger Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we share any new books or goodies we bought, received, borrowed, etc. during the week.

This week, I got...




Received for Review:

Thanks so much to Random House Canada, Scholastic Canada and Sourcebooks for sending these novels for review!

HCC Frenzy Presents:
Earlier this week on Tuesday (June 19), I was invited to a blogger event at the offices of HarperCollins Canada in downtown Toronto! It was an amazing night where they talked to us about the upcoming Fall YA titles they're most excited about and Tahereh Mafi, author of Shatter Me, was a surprise guest. We were also given goodie bags to take home with us and this is what I received:
  • ARC of Debutantes by Cora Harrison
  • Excerpt of What's Up With Jodi Barton by Hayley Long
  • HarperCollins Canada Fall 2012 catalog
  • Frenzy Spring 2012 edition 
  • Divergent faction temporary tattoos
  • signed Lauren Oliver bookplate
  • Pretty Little Liars lip chap
  • HCC Frenzy button
Thanks so much to HarperCollins Canada for hosting such an awesome event! As soon as I have more time (I have exams to study for right now), I'll write up and post a recap of the night.
 
Gifted:

Sara from Geek Girl's Book Blog was so sweet to give me her ARC of Unraveling! 

Borrowed:

Eeek! I've been so excited for Alice in Zombieland and Sara also kindly offered to let me borrow her ARC so I can read it. Isn't the cover absolutely gorgeous?

Bought:

I was fortunate to receive an ARC of The Golden Lily awhile ago, but I couldn't resist buying a finished copy of the book to add to my bookshelves. My fan-girly review is scheduled to go up at the end of the week and only has gushing thoughts for Adrian and Sydney!

I also spotted Once Burned in stores a few days early at my local Chapters location and snatched up a copy right away. Vlad is one of my favourite characters in the Night Huntress world, so I've been excited for this book for quite some time. I read it Friday night and then re-read it again the next day because I LOVED it so much. If you're a fan of Jeaniene Frost's novels, then I'm sure you'll be feeling the same way too.

What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?

And as always... Happy Reading! 

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Alice in Zombieland! I really want to read this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unraveling! I've been eyeing that one FOREVER! I'm so jealous you've got a copy of it! It's definitely one of the first purchases I'm going to make once my TBR pile dies down. Hope you like it!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay The Golden Lily... I also bought a finished copy after reading the ARC. =)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing week for you!
    Happy reading, hope you enjoy all your new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want Alice in Zombieland, I love Gena Showalter. Nice Haul, Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul of books. Going on a book buying ban or trying to do lately.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you loved Once Burned too! I pre-ordered a finished copy, I cant wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab books this week! Alice in Zombieland looks awesome and so does Devine Intervention! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alice in Zombieland looks soo good!! Enjoy all the great books!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/stacking-shelves-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!! Fabulous week. I am totally jazzed to read Once Burned. It was great seeing you Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great haul over all! :)
    Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete