Spotted! Cover of This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers

8:00 AM

Canadian author Courtney Summers revealed the cover of her upcoming novel, This Is Not A Test, yesterday afternoon on her blog!

Release Date: June 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
 
Summary (from author's website): 
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.  

As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, everyone’s motivations to survive begin to change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life–and death–inside.  

When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?

I have absolutely enjoyed Courtney Summer's previous three novels, so reading This Is Not A Test is a must for me! I like how she's moving away from contemporary to write a zombie novel this time around... It should be awesome!

How do you like the cover? I really love it! Everything from the red blood splatter in the corner to the fonts used and the blue background just screams it's a win for me! The posture of the girl makes us question if it's a zombie and/or Sloane too...

The wait until June to read This Is Not A Test will be a long one! 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds awesome! I love end-of-the-world type stuff.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Adding to my to-read pile right now.

    <3 geekgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! And you know how much I love Zombies, so this is a must for me. The cover gives off a major creepy vibe. I love that you can't see her face.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great book from the summary, though I'm very weary of zombie books.

    *sigh*

    Cover is gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh that blood spatter is disturbing! It's such a switch from contemp to zombies :o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this one sounds really different from her other YA books - and so dark! The cover definitely gives off an unsettling vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admit that I've never read anything by Courtney Summers before (I don't read a lot of contemp) but this book, and amazing cover, have got me really interested! That and all the amazing things that people say about her as an author :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this cover and what the novel is about. I am so down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *gasp* so excited!!! Thanks for posting this, although now i'm pissed I have to wait until next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the cover is beautiful! I love it! It's dark and at the same time kind of bright. The story sounds great, I think I'll read it :)

    ReplyDelete