Book Trailer! - The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

6:00 PM

The book trailer for The Eleventh Plague, Jeff Hirsch's debut YA novel, was recently revealed on his blog and Scholastic Canada's facebook page. The Eleventh Plague is a dystopian, standalone novel... and Suzanne Collins has even quoted it too!

I'm not really a huge fan of the cover, but it should be able to appeal to both girls and boys! I haven't read too many reviews for the novel yet but I won an early copy a few months ago (haven't had a chance to read it yet though), so I hope it turns out to be a great read!

Release Date: September 1, 2011
Publisher: Scholastic Press 

Summary:
In an America devastated by war and plague, the only way to survive is to keep moving.

In the aftermath of a war, America's landscape has been ravaged and two-thirds of the population left dead from a vicious strain of influenza. Fifteen-year-old Stephen Quinn and his family were among the few that survived and became salvagers, roaming the country in search of material to trade for food and other items essential for survival. But when Stephen's grandfather dies and his father falls into a coma after an accident, Stephen finds his way to Settler's Landing, a community that seems too good to be true, where there are real houses, barbecues, a school, and even baseball games. Then Stephen meets strong, defiant, mischievous Jenny, who refuses to accept things as they are. And when they play a prank on the town bully's family that goes horribly wrong, chaos erupts, and they find themselves in the midst of a battle that will change Settler's Landing forever.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm dying to read this book, and that's definitely one worthy trailer! Fab feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I will be ALL over this book when it comes out! Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.kelley-york.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of dystopians but I've ended up liking those that have a large amount of action. I'll have to wait for your review to see whether this one is more action-based or is the kind that makes you sit and think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome, and plus, a blurb from Suzanne Collins?! Definitely on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I've heard of this one before, but I couldn't see the trailer :( I haz a sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me know Alex! I've fixed it! :)

    ReplyDelete