Stacking the Shelves (7)

10:00 AM

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by fellow Canadian blogger Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we share any new books or goodies we bought, received, borrowed, etc. during the week.

This week, I got...


Received for Review:

Thanks so much to Bookurious, Raincoast Books, Random House Canada and Tundra Books for sending these books for review! With the exception of Girl of Nightmares and Red Heart Tattoo, everything else was a complete surprise to find in my mailbox!

Are you a Canadian teen and/or avid reader who doesn't mind writing a book review? Every month, members of the Blog It Forward group on Bookurious, the Canadian counterpart to Random Buzzers in the U.S., receive a featured book and all you have to do is read it and then post a review with your thoughts on their site within the month. Simple, right? You can read more details about it on the site. 

This month's book is Lurlene McDaniel's Red Heart Tattoo and after reading its description, I'm already wondering if my heart will be emotionally prepared to read it... 

Also, if you notice that I'm quiet on Twitter or the blog, it's because I'm away on vacation to Turkey! By the time this post goes up, I will already be out of the country. I leave August 18 and I won't be back until September 2, and I'm really excited to experience such a different culture and see new sights. It should be fun, and hopefully everything will go according to plan on the tour. 

I've tried to schedule some posts for while I'm away, but I'll have to catch up on reviews and returning comments when I get back. I hope some of the hotels I'll be staying at will have free Wi-Fi I can use, or I'll be in complete internet withdrawal...

What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?

And as always... Happy Reading! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Nice looking books. I keep looking at the Kendare Blake books but still not picked them up.
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books! I still have to pick up Kendare Blake books!

    Great haul!

    -Marybeth P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get to the Anna series. Nice books.

    StuckInBooks STS

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkey! Wow. I would love to see photos of your trip. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grew haul Liz! Looks like we got the same set of books from RHC :P i never know what to do with the kid books..lol

    Have fun in Turkey Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, another one that still needs to read the Anna novels. I keep hearing such amazing things about them too! I hope you enjoy! <3

    Yeah, I'm a little anxious about Red Heart Tattoo as well... Stock up on the tissues, I suppose! :)

    Hope you have an AMAZING time in Turkey!! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

    Happy reading!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete