Stacking the Shelves (7)10:00 AM
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by fellow Canadian blogger Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we share any new books or goodies we bought, received, borrowed, etc. during the week.
This week, I got...
Received for Review:
- The Big Book of Vampires by Denise Despeyroux; illustrated by Fernando Falcone
- Girl of Nightmares (Anna #2) by Kendare Blake
- My Healthy Body by Liza Fromer and Francine Gerstein MD; illustrated by Joe Weissmann
- My Itchy Body by Liza Fromer and Francine Gerstein MD; illustrated by Joe Weissmann
- Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDaniel
- The Secret Fiend (The Boy Sherlock Holmes #4) by Shane Peacock
- Suck It Up and Die by Brian Meehl
- A Time of Miracles by Anne-Laure Bondoux; translated by Y. Maudet
- Touched by Cyn Balog
Thanks so much to Bookurious, Raincoast Books, Random House Canada and Tundra Books for sending these books for review! With the exception of Girl of Nightmares and Red Heart Tattoo, everything else was a complete surprise to find in my mailbox!
Are you a Canadian teen and/or avid reader who doesn't mind writing a book review? Every month, members of the Blog It Forward group on Bookurious, the Canadian counterpart to Random Buzzers in the U.S., receive a featured book and all you have to do is read it and then post a review with your thoughts on their site within the month. Simple, right? You can read more details about it on the site.
This month's book is Lurlene McDaniel's Red Heart Tattoo and after reading its description, I'm already wondering if my heart will be emotionally prepared to read it...
Also, if you notice that I'm quiet on Twitter or the blog, it's because I'm away on vacation to Turkey! By the time this post goes up, I will already be out of the country. I leave August 18 and I won't be back until September 2, and I'm really excited to experience such a different culture and see new sights. It should be fun, and hopefully everything will go according to plan on the tour.
I've tried to schedule some posts for while I'm away, but I'll have to catch up on reviews and returning comments when I get back. I hope some of the hotels I'll be staying at will have free Wi-Fi I can use, or I'll be in complete internet withdrawal...
What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?
And as always... Happy Reading!