Spotted! Cover of Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

8:00 AM

Jennifer Lynn Barnes revealed the book cover and plot summary of her latest YA novel, Nobody, yesterday on her Tumblr blog!

Release Date: January 22, 2013
Publisher: EgmontUSA

Summary (from author's website): 
The most dangerous people in the world…are the ones you don’t even see.



Some people are Nobodies: ignored, unloved, practically invisible in every way. No one notices them. No one cares about them. They exist under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away.

No one sees them coming. No one sees them leave.



That’s why Nobodies make the perfect assassins.

 Seventeen-year-old Nix is very good at his job. So when the organization he works for sends him after a teenage girl named Claire, he doesn’t ask questions. He’s a killer. She needs to die.



For sixteen years, Claire has led a normal life being overlooked. Her parents are absent. She doesn’t have any friends. She has no idea what she is, or why anyone would want her dead. But she’s about to find out, because from the moment Nix attempts to carry out his mission, the two are caught up in a conspiracy of murder, cover-ups, and betrayal. 



Nix is a killer. Claire is his target. But from the moment he sets eyes on her, everything changes, because only the two of them can truly see each other—and two Nobodies are more than twice as dangerous as one.

It's such a coincidence, but for quite some time now, I've been thinking there needs to be a YA novel featuring teenage assassins working for secret organizations... Needless to say, as soon as I heard about Jennifer Lynn Barnes's upcoming book, Nobody, I instantly began to consider it as a MUST-HAVE! It sounds crazy awesome and I can't wait to read it.

What are your thoughts on the book cover? Given the book's summary, I think it makes total sense to have what appears to be some sort of sniper scope focusing on the silhouette of a girl. And I like how the book's title is in a lager font size; it should catch a reader's eye more easily!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. OMG. There is nothing I love more than these kinds of stories. I so badly want to read this and HOT DAMN, I didn't even know JLB was coming out with a new book. Starcrossed lovers YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the cover is very fitting but still attractive. THis sounds great.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see this today! I'm just about finished with Every Other Day and LOVING it.... so this one is totally on my radar. Although, I started writing a teenage assassin novel and now I'm like...oh no... Jennifer will do it so much better than I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like!
    The book sounds pretty terrific!
    :D Great Spotted!

    ReplyDelete