Waiting on Wednesday (93) - The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Press

Summary (from Goodreads): 
There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of the Shiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.

I easily consider Maggie Stiefvater among my favourite authors, so it should come as no surprise that I'm highly anticipating the release of The Raven Boys, the first novel in The Raven Cycle. I can't wait to learn more about the new paranormal world she will introduce to her readers... and I have no doubts it will be another absolutely brilliant, gorgeously written novel. If you still haven't read a novel by Maggie Stiefvater, then you are seriously missing out!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I am SO giddy with excitement for this!!! I haven't read the chapter excerpt that was released the other week and I'm not sure if I will, because it will only tease me ten times worse. But agh! It sounds SO good and exactly like you said, it's Maggie Stiefvater. She could write 350 pages about pencil shavings and it would be the most beautiful piece ever written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exact thoughts, Brodie! I was thinking about including the link to the first two chapters, but then I decided not to because I'm too tempted to read it right now, lol.

      Delete
  2. Eek, okay so I haven't read anything by Maggie Stiefvater yet even though I always hear so many great things about her writing. Perhaps Raven Boys can be my first read of hers. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of surprised to hear you haven't read anything by her yet, Aylee! I really love her novels. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read anything by Maggie Stiefvater yet, but I think I definitely should! Thanks for Sharing! :)

    ~Keegan Shayne
    http://blabbing-books.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-20-masque-of-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ridiculously excited for this one! I love Maggie Stiefvater (although I have yet to read The Scorpio Races) and this books sounds great! Also the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea... she's fun. And I love her writing, too!! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Stiefvater's Shiver (which I didn't like) but I'm willing to give this one a try. The premise sounds fantastic, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the Shiver series but this one looks really good too. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete