Waiting on Wednesday (91) - Erasing Time by C.J. Hill

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Summary (from HarperCollins Catalog): 
In this high-action and romantic futuristic adventure, there is no escape from the future for two contemporary girls pulled out of their own time.

When twins Sheridan and Taylor wake up 400 years in the future, they find a changed world: domed cities, no animals, and a language that’s so different, it barely sounds like English. And the worst news: They can’t go back home.

The twenty-fifth-century government transported the girls to their city hoping to find a famous scientist to help perfect a devastating new weapon. The moblike Dakine fights against the government, and somehow Taylor and Sheridan find themselves in the middle. The only way to elude them all is to trust Echo, a guy with secrets of his own. The trio must put their faith in the unknown to make a harrowing escape into the wilds beyond the city.

Full of adrenaline-injected chases and heartbreaking confessions, Erasing Time explores the strength of the bonds between twins, the risks and rewards of trust, and the hard road to finding the courage to fight for what you believe in.

I've been really excited to hear more about C.J. Hill's Erasing Time after first seeing the cool cover posted! So after I finally found the book summary in the HarperCollins Fall 2012 catalog which came out not too long ago (Goodreads, you have failed me this time!), my anticipation climbed even higher! Twin sisters caught in a time period that is not their own and in the middle of a power struggle? Hints of romance and tons of suspense? You can see why I was instantly looking forward to reading Erasing Time.

And it also probably doesn't hurt knowing that C.J. Hill is really the pseudonym of author Janette Rallison! If you haven't read her fairy-tale inspired novels My Fair Godmother and the sequel My Unfair Godmother, then you are seriously missing out. They're both hilarious and fun to read, and I have no idea how anyone could possibly not enjoy reading them.   

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Adding this one! It sounds awesome! Interesting that she's the same author who wrote the My Fair Godmother series (not that I've read it... but I should!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was a pen name! that's cool.
    I got my Fair Godmother in my TBR pile and I hope to read it soon. and this book sounds pretty awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. Adding it to my list.

    Ellen @ Always YA at Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This looks so cool! Plus, Janette Rallison. Awesomesauce!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks awesome!!

    This has to go on my TBR list.

    -Marybeth P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you didn't mention it I would have never thought that C.J. Hill is Janette Rallison. Now I'm even more excited about this book since it sounds so different from her previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Goodreads failed me on this one too, because it wasn't on my TBR list! That has been rectified now :D And it definitely sounds more intense than the books Janette Rallison normally writes. Should be interesting to see how she deals with a different genre and tone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely one that I am keeping my eyes out for, because from the synopsis alone, it looks like it's going to be a book that I could dive into and devour! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Follow & Feature Friday!
    Desperately Wanting Wednesday!
    The Immortal Rules Giveaway!
    The JLA Covenant Series Swag Giveaway!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G ! ! !
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete