Waiting on Wednesday (56) and Book Trailer - Legend by Marie Lu

9:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: November 29, 2011
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Summary (from Goodreads):
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

Legend has been gaining tons of early buzz and I have totally fallen into all the excitement as well! Ever since I first saw the cover and read the plot description, the first thing that came to mind was probably something along the lines of, "This sounds epic!". Anyways, in case you didn't already know, Legend is the first in a new dystopian trilogy by debut author Marie Lu. The novel sounds so exciting... and it doesn't hurt that there is romance too. I'm definitely looking forward to reading Legend! 

And the book trailer for Legend was just released the other day, so I thought I would include it below as well. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I had been seeing this book around but I had no idea what it was about.
    It kind of reminds me of an anime I must have watched at some point, it just has that kind of vibe :)

    Nice pick,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want!
    (I don't think I need to say more,do you?)

    You can check out my WOW @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same WOW this week! Can't wait for this one,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I'm so excited for this one. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Legend! I love dystopian, so I'm really looking forward to it. Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read my copy. I am a huge dystopian fan. Great pick!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am fast becoming a huge Dystopian fan and I cannot wait for this book to come out, because I know it's going to be simply fantastic! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Check out my WoW!
    Tweet Me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey pretty! =)
    I was about to put this one today instead of The Pledge! I had a hard time deciding which one to choose XDDD Im glad you picked it up =P Im looking forward to read this one too! It has also been optioned for movie =DDDD . Cant wait to read it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The early buzz about this one has been really good, so although I was skeptical at first (another dystopian as epic as The Hunger Games?) I'm starting to get on the bandwagon now :D

    ReplyDelete