Spotted! Cover of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

10:46 AM

The cover for Shatter Me, the first in a new dystopian trilogy, by debut author Tahereh Mafi was unveiled today on MTV's Hollywood Crush this morning!

Release Date: November 15, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen

Summary (from Goodreads):
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.
I've been really looking forward to seeing what the cover of Shatter Me would be like ever since the book was getting early buzz around the time of this year's Book Expo of America. If what the plot description is saying is true, that Shatter Me will appeal to both fans of The Hunger Games and X-Men, then I'm sure I'll definitely be falling in love with this book!

I think after anticipating the cover for so long, I had built up some expectations in my head but I really do like this one for the most part. The strike-through on the title and tagline are cool and I love the simple colour scheme they've used along with the shower of light that seems to emanate from the model. As for the model, herself? I like her fierce pose and how her hair arranges around her face, but it's not her fault that she's wearing a dress that's not so appealing from the waist down.

What do you think of the cover? Are you excited to read Shatter Me?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'm happy to finally see the cover, but It doesn't really excite me. I was more excited when I read the Summary than by seing the cover. It's kind of disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! I'm so excited for this one. I'm glad it finally has a cover.

    I'm not sure how I FEEL about the cover, but it seems like the kind of book that would be hard to express via images/coverart.

    I'm sure it will grow on me.

    <3 geekgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo excited to read this one! I love the background but yes, the dress is questionable LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful cover but it's not what I was expecting either. It doesn't match up with the summary very well I think... but who's to say for sure if it goes with the book when I haven't even read the book yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm OH MY GORGEOUS? I LOVE that cover

    ReplyDelete