My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison

7:27 PM

Title: My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother #2)
Author: Janette Rallison
Release Date: March 29, 2011 (hardcover)
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Pages: 320
Source: ARC won from author

Overall: 5 Stars

Summary:
Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother.

My Thoughts:
Once upon a time, there was girl who lived in a far Northern land called Canada. Upon learning there would be a sequel to one of her favourite novels My Fair Godmother, she immediately squealed and couldn't anticipate its release. And when this girl finally got her hands on a copy, she refused to put the novel down and read and read until before she knew it, she had already finished the novel. And you know what? It was everything and more that she had expectantly hoped it would be!

It never ceases to amaze me just how much creativity and imagination Janette Rallison pours inter her novels! Just as she did in My Fair Godmother, the sequel is full of modern twists on your favourite fairy tales in ways that you could never think to conceive until you're actually reading the words on the page. I also absolutely love how Janette easily balances writing funny, laugh-out-loud moments that leave a ridiculous smile on your face to heartwarming ones that just tug on your heartstrings. And the cast of characters are just as fun too! (Quick side note: Hudson, the handsome police chief's son? Swoon!)

The moral of the story is that you should be careful what you wish for... you never know when a pink-haired fairy godmother named Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar will grant you a wish that sends you to the Middle Ages because you're only an extra credit project to get her into Fairy Godmother University. Okay, so I'm sure that's just only one of the many important life lessons you'll learn...

While I'll leave it up to you to discover if the characters will find their happily ever after, I will say this: the ending of My Unfair Godmother suggests the possibility of another novel to come... so I'm really hoping that Janette Rallison isn't just teasing us by leaving the doors open for a third novel!   

Everyone should read these novels if you're looking for a fun read that easily passes the time! They're absolutely perfect for both young and older readers alike and I couldn't recommend both My Fair Godmother and My Unfair Godmother enough. I have yet to hear anything remotely negative about these novels and I certainly hope I never do because they're just pure entertainment!

The End...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can't wait to read these books, I've been eying them for a while, and I think I'll buy them when I head up north next month :)

    They just sound so great, and I loved how you started your review-

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like fun reads and I'm adding them to my to read list.

    ReplyDelete