Stacking the Shelves (5)

6:15 PM

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by fellow Canadian blogger Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we share any new books or goodies we bought, received, borrowed, etc. during the week. 

It's been awhile since I last had a chance to write a Stacking the Shelves post, so these are the books I've added to my shelves the past four weeks!


Won:

Thanks so much to the Razorbill Community for their monthly giveaways!   

Received for Review:

Thanks so much to Hachette Children's Books UK, Pajama Press, Random House Canada, Scholastic Canada and Tundra Books for sending these novels for review! I was ridiculously excited to receive an ARC of Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys, nestled inside a box which features the gorgeous cover art for the novel. I read it later that night and stayed up until 4:30 a.m. because there was no way I could set it down until I was finished, completely enchanted and lost within its pages. I only have gushing thoughts for The Raven Boys!


Joanne Levy Book Launch:

Last Saturday, I was able to attend the book launch for Joanne Levy's debut MG novel, Small Medium at Large, in Hamilton! Joanne Levy surprised the bloggers who had VIP passes (myself included) with awesome bags that held tons of swag and a couple books. It was so generous of her! I had a fun time meeting Joanne Levy and seeing the Ontario Bloggettes again.  


My Sister's New Books:

Usually, I'll mix in the books my sister got into the section below, but she got enough this month that I thought she should have her own section for this post! After she's finished reading them, I'll be able to afterwards. I've already read The Thing About The Truth and it was exactly the sort of book I would expect from Lauren Barnholdt!


Bought:

After reading Jeaniene Frost's Once Burned, I was definitely in the mood to read some more adult urban fantasy books. I'm not sure how Kim Harrison does it, but The Hollows series continues to only get better and better, even after ten novels!  

Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols was one of my most anticipated contemporary YA books of the year, and I absolutely LOVED it. It was well worth the wait. And I spotted Kiersten White's Endlessly in stores a few days early yesterday and quickly snatched up a copy, reading and finishing it last night. It was a fantastic, heart-pounding finish to the Paranormalcy series and you're all going to love it too.

What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?

And as always... Happy Reading!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. WOW! That's an amazing week of books!!!!!! I sooo want to read A witch in winter and a witch in love....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it's what I've accumulated this *month*. But yesss, it does look like a lot when it's all put together... :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a lot of books shelf space for all of your new books. Here is my post: Alien Blood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic haul! You have a bunch of amazing books and I don't even know where to start! I hope you enjoy them all though! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. skfhjksrhfgjnkjfkvjb djkvcm,jmkj!!!!!! Have you SEEN the books you got these past few weeks? HAVE YOU?! They are all running a high-risk of being kidnapped, just so you know. Especially Rift and The Raven Boys!! Dying for some more Stiefvater <3 The Dark Unwinding and The Magisterium both sound AMAZING too. And I cannot wait to get my hands on Seraphina!

    OOOH. And Endlessly! Thanks for reminding me that's out this month!

    A-freaking-mazing haul. That I'm glaring at you with envy for :P I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOooo very jealous of the Raven Boys!!! Nice haul.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. marvelous haul Liz!! whoaaaaaaaaa! Im swooning with so much awesomeness =DDDDDDDDDDD enjoy all of them!! holy cow! =9

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a month there is almost too much awesomeness to try and comment on!! :0 I loved Such A Rush & Second Chance Summer, and I'm really looking forward to checking out Rift, Endlessly, and Team Human.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many great books!! The Raven Boys sounds sooooo fun!! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay, we got the same package from Scolastic Canada. Wasn't it an awesome one?!?

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh my gosh. So many amazing books I don't even know where to start! I loved Cold Fury and a bunch of others are on my TBR pile and wishlist

    Happy Reading :)

    Here's my weekly post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set! So cool that you got Endlessly. I can't wait to read it. I loved Raven Boys.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! that's quite the book haul and you got some books that sounds just AWESOME!
    Like Witch WInter (been wondering about that book) oh, and Endlessly? Thats a major YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like this month has been really good for you! I love the new cover they have out for Blood Magic :)

    ReplyDelete