Stacking the Shelves (5)6:15 PM
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by fellow Canadian blogger Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we share any new books or goodies we bought, received, borrowed, etc. during the week.
It's been awhile since I last had a chance to write a Stacking the Shelves post, so these are the books I've added to my shelves the past four weeks!
- ARC of Rift (Nightshade Prequel #1) by Andrea Cremer
Thanks so much to the Razorbill Community for their monthly giveaways!
Received for Review:
- Blood Magic (The Blood Journals #1) by Tessa Gratton
- ARC of The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
- Emily for Real by Sylvia Gunnery
- Laura Secord: A Story of Courage by Janet Lunn
- ARC of The Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
- ARC of The Obsidian Mirror by Catherine Fisher
- One Good Hustle by Billie Livingston
- ARC of The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- ARC of The Reluctant Journal of Henry K. Larsen by Susin Nielsen
- ARC and finished copy of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- A Witch in Love (Winter #2) by Ruth Warburton
- A Witch in Winter (Winter #1) by Ruth Warburton
Thanks so much to Hachette Children's Books UK, Pajama Press, Random House Canada, Scholastic Canada and Tundra Books for sending these novels for review! I was ridiculously excited to receive an ARC of Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys, nestled inside a box which features the gorgeous cover art for the novel. I read it later that night and stayed up until 4:30 a.m. because there was no way I could set it down until I was finished, completely enchanted and lost within its pages. I only have gushing thoughts for The Raven Boys!
Joanne Levy Book Launch:
- ARC of Dead Cat Bounce by Nic Bennett
- Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel #2) by Richelle Mead
- swag (signed/unsigned bookmarks, bracelets and buttons)
- delicious red velvet cupcake
Last Saturday, I was able to attend the book launch for Joanne Levy's debut MG novel, Small Medium at Large, in Hamilton! Joanne Levy surprised the bloggers who had VIP passes (myself included) with awesome bags that held tons of swag and a couple books. It was so generous of her! I had a fun time meeting Joanne Levy and seeing the Ontario Bloggettes again.
My Sister's New Books:
- 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody
- Cold Fury by T.M. Goeglein (won from Razorbill Community!)
- My Life in Black and White by Natasha Friend
- Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- The Thing About The Truth by Lauren Barnholdt
- Wicked Jealous: A Love Story by Robin Palmer
Usually, I'll mix in the books my sister got into the section below, but she got enough this month that I thought she should have her own section for this post! After she's finished reading them, I'll be able to afterwards. I've already read The Thing About The Truth and it was exactly the sort of book I would expect from Lauren Barnholdt!
- Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4) by Nalini Singh
- Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White
- A Perfect Blood (The Hollows #10) by Kim Harrison
- A Sliver of Shadow (Abby Sinclair #2) by Allison Pang
- Small Medium at Large by Joanne Levy
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan
- Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark #1) by Gena Showalter
After reading Jeaniene Frost's Once Burned, I was definitely in the mood to read some more adult urban fantasy books. I'm not sure how Kim Harrison does it, but The Hollows series continues to only get better and better, even after ten novels!
Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols was one of my most anticipated contemporary YA books of the year, and I absolutely LOVED it. It was well worth the wait. And I spotted Kiersten White's Endlessly in stores a few days early yesterday and quickly snatched up a copy, reading and finishing it last night. It was a fantastic, heart-pounding finish to the Paranormalcy series and you're all going to love it too.
What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?
And as always... Happy Reading!