Waiting on Wednesday (97) - Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Young Readers

Summary (from Simon & Schuster Canada): 
Postcard-perfect Jar Island is home to charming tourist shops, pristine beaches, amazing oceanfront homes—and three girls secretly plotting revenge.

KAT is sick and tired of being bullied by her former best friend.

LILLIA has always looked out for her little sister, so when she discovers that one of her guy friends has been secretly hooking up with her, she’s going to put a stop to it.

MARY is perpetually haunted by a traumatic event from years past, and the boy who’s responsible has yet to get what’s coming to him.

None of the girls can act on their revenge fantasies alone without being suspected. But together…anything is possible.

With an unlikely alliance in place, there will be no more “I wish I’d said…” or “If I could go back and do things differently...” These girls will show Jar Island that revenge is a dish best enjoyed together.
  
The fact that Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian have co-written this book together is enough to make this book a must-have for me, but adding in a very sweet plot featuring three girls wishing to exact some revenge certainly doesn't hurt either!

Since Jenny Han's Summer series ended last year, I've been dying to read her next book! (And if you've never read the trilogy, please know that I'm shaking my head in disappointment right now because those books are pure perfection.) I also really enjoyed reading Siobhan Vivian's Not That Kind of Girl last year, so I can't wait to read another book by her as well!

Oh September, why must you be so far away?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow! This one sounds awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good, I gotta admit!
    When I saw the cover and the title I had no clue what this was about but now I'm interested!
    :D Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks SO GREAT. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't expecting this to sound so good! Revenge and plotting will make for a very interesting read I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put this one on my TBR last week when I was looking through WOWs. I plan on finishing the Summer series this summer (I've read the first one). Maybe after that I'll be inspired to read this too. I'm interested in reading some reviews for this one.

    Here's my WOW, if you're interested: http://oneadayya.blogspot.ca/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time I'm reading this longer book summary and it is sounding so good. I love Jenny Han and I just read my first Siobhan Vivian book so I know you can't go wrong with these two authors.

    ReplyDelete