Stacking the Shelves (1)2:10 PM
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by fellow Canadian blogger Tynga at Tynga's Reviews where we share any new books or goodies we bought, received, borrowed, etc. during the week.
You may have noticed that I've been relatively quiet this month in posting on the blog. After my exams finished at the end of April, I was kind of in a reading/blogging slump, so instead, I watched Japanese anime and dramas. They're very addictive, so whenever I started one, I found it difficult to stop until I was finished. I watched NANA (both the anime and the two movies), Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (the live-action drama version; also known as The Wallflower), Yankee-kun to Megane-chan and the movie version of Paradise Kiss.
By the time I watched all those, my summer classes at U of T were just about to begin, so I've been busy again with school every weekday. The profs are trying to cram a lot of material into our brains in very little time. But since I'm resisting the temptation to watch any more dramas until the end of June (when my classes finish), I'm going to try using my spare time again for reading, blogging and trying to catch up on the reviews I need to write.
So... For the past four weeks, I've gotten...
- ARC of Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3) by Kristin Cashore
Thanks so much to RazOrbill for their great monthly giveaways on their online community! I was really surprised to see that I'd won a copy!
Received for Review:
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein -> read my review of the ARC
- Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
- First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky -> read my review
- Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1) by Anne Greenwood Brown
- Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
- ARC of Soulbound (Legacy of Tril #1) by Heather Brewer
- Underworld (Abandon #2) by Meg Cabot
- ARC of The Vindico by Wesley King
- The Dark Light bookmark
- signed Kiss the Morning Star bookplates and tattoos
- signed Small Medium at Large bookmarks
Thanks so much to Penguin Canada, Random House Canada, Scholastic Canada and Thomas Allen & Son for sending these novels for review! Also, a warm thanks to Joanne Levy, Elissa Janine Hoole and Sara Walsh for sending me some book swag!
- Ascend (Trylle Trilogy #3) by Amanda Hocking
- City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare
- Endure (Need #4) by Carrie Jones
- Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock
- In Honor by Jessi Kirby -> read my review
- Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
- The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting
- Shadow Bound (Unbound #2) by Rachel Vincent
- Shine (Shade #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready
- Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins
- This Is So Not Happening (He's So / She's So #3) Kieran Scott
I may have been having a reading slump earlier, but that really didn't stop me from my book buying addiction this month! And this may shock you, but I still haven't actually read City of Lost Souls or Insurgent yet. *gasp* I think part of the reason for the delay is because I know as soon as I finish reading them, I'm going to be desperately wishing for the final books in both their series' to come out. But other than those two and This Is So Not Happening (it's technically my sister's book), I've already read all the other books I listed above that I bought!
What about YOU? Any new reads/finds this week?
And as always... Happy Reading!