Spotted! Cover of The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington

9:53 PM

Kim Harrington revealed the book cover for her upcoming YA novel, The Dead and Buried, on her blog earlier today!

 Release Date: January 2013
Publisher: Scholastic Point

Summary (from author's website):
Jade loves the house she's just moved into with her family. She doesn't even mind being the new girl at the high school: It's a fresh start, and there's that one guy with the dreamy blue eyes. . . . But then things begin happening. Strange, otherworldly things. Jade's little brother claims to see a glimmering girl in his room. Jade's jewelry gets moved around, as if by an invisible hand. Kids at school whisper behind her back like they know something she doesn't. 

Soon, Jade must face an impossible fact: that her perfect house is haunted. Haunted by a ghost who's seeking not just vengeance, but the truth. The ghost of a girl who ruled Jade's school -- until her untimely death last year. It's up to Jade to put the pieces together before her own life is at stake. As Jade investigates the mystery, she discovers that her new friends in town have more than a few deep, dark secrets. But is one of them a murderer?

Doesn't the cover for The Dead and Buried fit the book description oh so accurately? I sure think so! I absolutely LOVE how it's dark, creepy and already has you wanting to hide under the covers with fright! I seriously can't stop staring at it because it's just too awesome.

It also doesn't hurt that I'm a huge fan of Kim Harrington's Clarity and its sequel, Perception, so I'm sure I'll be loving her latest YA novel. The Dead and Buried is most definitely a thriller I won't be missing out on reading!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I like it! Both the synopsis and cover are intriguing. I'll definitely read The Dead and Buried. I really liked Clarity too, although I haven't read Perception yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that cover is awesome! I love how she's coming down the stairs, it looks pretty creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want this too! It looks so amazing. Plus the cover is wonderfully spooky!

    ReplyDelete