Waiting on Wednesday (120) - 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: March 21, 2013
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Add to Goodreads

Summary (from Goodreads):
Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And… is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything. 

With complexity and richness, Nova Ren Suma serves up a beautiful, visual, fresh interpretation of what it means to be lost.

Isn't the book cover for Nova Ren Suma's 17 & Gone hauntingly beautiful? The cover may have first captured my attention, but the premise for 17 & Gone is a combination of mystery and suspense I simply find irresistible too. Already, my mind is formulating questions about the characters and events in the book. Why are the seventeen-year-old girls disappearing... and why is Lauren having nightmarish visions about them? I can't wait to find out when 17 & Gone is released in March 2013!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I think I am going to like this one too! Added it to my Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one! I've been stalking Nova Ren Suma and when the new cover popped up, I was sold! It is, indeed, hauntingly beautiful, and so seems the story. I love mystery, suspense books and this one seems to be very original as well.

    Great pick!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my list too! I love the cover and the story just sounds awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is very intriguing and pretty. and yeah, the plot sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved IMAGINARY GIRLS, so I'm dying for this one, too! Great pick. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete