Spotted! Cover of Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross

11:36 PM

Sarah Cross officially posted the cover and description of her upcoming novel Kill Me Softly on Fairy Tale Mood, her Tumblr blog inspired by fairy tales, earlier tonight!

 Release Date: April 10, 2012
Publisher: EgmontUSA

Summary (from author's website): 
True love’s kiss just may prove deadly….

Mirabelle’s past is shrouded in secrecy, from her parents’ tragic deaths to her guardians’ half-truths about why she can’t return to her birthplace, Beau Rivage. Desperate to see the town, Mira runs away a week before her sixteenth birthday—and discovers a world she never could have imagined.

In Beau Rivage, nothing is what it seems—the strangely pale girl with a morbid interest in apples, the obnoxious playboy who’s a beast to everyone he meets, and the chivalrous guy who has a thing for damsels in distress. Here, fairy tales come to life, curses are awakened, and ancient stories are played out again and again.

But fairy tales aren’t pretty things, and they don’t always end in happily ever after. Mira has a role to play, a fairy-tale destiny to embrace or resist. As she struggles to take control of her fate, Mira is drawn into the lives of two brothers with fairy-tale curses of their own … brothers who share a dark secret. And she’ll find that love, just like fairy tales, can have sharp edges and hidden thorns.

Doesn't Sarah Cross' Kill Me Softly sound pretty amazing? I LOVE reading fairy tales and it seems like Mirabelle will be stumbling upon a dark fairy tale world nestled in our own more mundane one. I'm pretty excited to see if the book will be just as awesome as its plot description!

What do you think of the book cover? It has a nice, simplistic feel that is still very pleasing to your eyes. I really like the font of the title and the white rose splattered with blood! I'm kind of surprised the cover doesn't feature a girl wearing a pretty dress, since that seems to be more of the trend these days, so I'm curious to learn what your own reactions are after seeing the cover! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love anything to do with fairy tales, so I'm really excited about this book. And I love the cover! So eye-catching, and sort of hints at the darker side of fairy tales (which to me is the most interesting part! :P). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooooo excited for this! I'm such a fangirl of the show Once Upon A Time, so lately I'm into the whole fairy tale thing. So having the craze infect YA? I AM SO HAPPY :D Ha, yes. Surprise there's no dress-wearing-girl. But nice to see a change. Such an intriguing cover, I realy quite adore it. And... erm... want this freaking book NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I revealed Kill Me Softly on the blog the other day. Gosh, Liz, I'm in love with the premise behind Kill Me Softly! It sounds like a wonderful read. I'm in love with all the fairy tale novels coming out this year =D

    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this book last week and can't wait to check it out.

    I love the way the title's written and the vines and thorns growing out of it are cool, but I can't really say I'm loving the rest of it, especially since the blood looks like paint, which it probably is.

    ReplyDelete