Raelia by Lynette Noni

10:00 AM

Title: Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles #2)
Author: Lynette Noni
Release Date: April 1, 2016
Publisher: Pantera Press
Pages: 454
Source: Paperback provided by Pantera Press
Add to Goodreads | Amazon.ca | Kobo

Overall: 4.5 STARS

SUMMARY
“Life is full of crossroads, Alex. Full of choices.”

Returning for a second year at Akarnae Academy with her gifted friends, Alexandra Jennings steps back through a doorway into Medora, the fantasy world that is full of impossibilities.

Despite the magical wonder of Medora, Alex’s life remains threatened by Aven Dalmarta, the banished prince from the Lost City of Meya who is out for her blood.

To protect the Medorans from Aven’s quest to reclaim his birthright, Alex and her friends seek out the Meyarin city and what remains of its ancient race.

Not sure who—or perhaps what—she is anymore, all Alex knows is that if she fails to keep Aven from reaching Meya, the lives of countless Medorans will be in danger. Can she protect them, or will all be lost?
 


MY THOUGHTS 
I've been struggling for months now to write my thoughts on Lynette Noni's Raelia. I absolutely loved the second installment in the Medoran Chronicles, yet when it came time to actually organize my thoughts, it was like my mind drew a complete blank. But finally, I think I can finally describe all my feels for this underrated YA fantasy series that deserves so much more love!

In Raelia, Alexandra Jennings returns to Akarnae Academy, a boarding school for Medora's brightest and most gifted, for a second year of magic and mayhem. Aven Delmarta, the banished prince from the lost city of Meya, may have failed to open a doorway to his homeland through the sentient Library, but nothing will stop him. The protection spells guarding the school may not be enough this time, especially since Aven's supporters are eager to follow his will. Alex needs to train harder than ever if she hopes to survive the coming danger... if her new Stealth and Subterfuge class doesn't kill her first.

Whereas the first book, Akarnae, patiently introduced the world of Medora (as Alex literally stepped into a completely different world from Earth), Raelia jumps right into the heart of the action. The information overload in Akarnae was a bit overwhelming, especially when Alex was first settling into her new life at Akarnae Academy, but Raelia wasn't slowed down by all the details. I was absolutely delighted that the world building expanded once again, exploring much more of Medora and even Meya! 

Medora has become Alex's home, but that's partly because of her three best friends: Bear, Jordan, and D.C. Funny, caring, and loyal, life just wouldn't be the same without them. Whether it's exhausting class schedules, family troubles, or evil Meyarin princes, the four friends genuinely support each other through thick and thin. I love the emphasis on camaraderie in this series, but I'm totally not complaining that the chemistry I sensed between Kaiden and Alex is heating up. I need them to kiss already!! Please, Lynette Noni, make this happen soon!

Filled with endless adventure and wondrous possibilities, I loved every moment of Lynette Noni's Raelia! I couldn't have hoped for a better sequel to Akarnae, really. Entertaining, thrilling, magicalRaelia absolutely delivered in every way. I honestly didn't want the book to end! How can I wait a year to find out what happens next in Draekora?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooo! I've not heard of this book before. You KNOW it's good when you can't seem to put into words how much you loved it. I think you did a fine job of doing just that. :D So glad you enjoy this book so much, Liz!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this series but it looks like one fantastical read. Will have to check this out! Also loving your blog, count me in as a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete