Spotted! Cover of Underworld by Meg Cabot

8:00 AM

Meg Cabot unveiled the jacket flap / book cover for Underworld, the second novel in the Abandon Trilogy, on her Twitter and Facebook accounts last night as a Halloween treat for her fans!

Release Date: May 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Point

Summary (from Goodreads):
Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead. Not this time. But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies. And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.
I always really enjoy reading Meg Cabot's novels and ever since reading Abandon (here's my review!), I've been looking forward to seeing what would happen next after such an exciting conclusion! Abandon was very much an introduction to the trilogy, so I'm hoping we see more development and action in the plot this time around... plus some more of John Hayden!

What do you think of the cover? I love how it matches the style of the cover for Abandon with its font and curly lines at the corners. And it's kind of creepy seeing a hand reaching out from the bottom of the page grabbing onto Pierce...

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ooooh I love the cover! The overall style and tone and that hand reaching up.... makes me super excited to read this. While I had a couple of issues with Abandon, I enjoyed it for the most part and am so intrigued to see what Meg has planned next. And yes, more John please!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cover is stunnin!! thanks for sharing =) I hope you enjoy the sequel as well when it comes out muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Liz! *bounces*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of people didn't like Abandon, but I really enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to this one as well. =) The cover's not my favourite, but I do like the blue tone and how it connects with the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way awesome!! I'm really excited for it as well! :D
    I liked Abandon but I thought it was a lot of set-up work for the upcoming books, and I hope this has a better pace :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the color of this cover but I still like the cover of Abandon more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! Abandon was my first Meg Cabot novel, and I loved it. I can't wait for Underworld!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I think meg cabot is a total genius and i've loved meg cabot's books since I ever read them! I loved the Princess Diaries and the Airhead books and Abandon was really good as well! I can't wait for Underworld!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just loved ABANDON...nd jst cant w8ing 4 UNDERWORLD....
    d cover only makes d w8ing worth it.. :)

    ReplyDelete