Waiting on Wednesday (70) - Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating. 

Release Date: January 3, 2012 
Publisher: Simon Pulse 

Summary (from Simon & Schuster Canada's website):
Hudson can't wait to get out of Watonka, her working-class town outside of Buffalo. Once upon a time, her talent as a skater was going to be her ticket out... but when her parents' marriage unraveled three years ago, so did her dreams. Now, she buries herself in making cupcakes for her mom's diner and imagining her parallel life where she went on to skate to glory. But when she gets a letter inviting her to audition for a skating scholarship and*the hockey team asks for her help with their technique (read: free ice time for Hudson), it's impossible to ignore the signs. Is she ready to get back on the ice? Could this be her ticket out? Hudson's determined not to let anything stand in her way. But between baking and waitressing at the diner, the love triangle that's developing with two outrageously cute hockey boys, and the simmering drama with her best friend, her future is anything but certain...
Sarah Ockler recently announced on her blog that her upcoming novel The Language of Impossible Dreams had been given a new title, cover AND release date! Instead of a Summer 2012 release date, Bittersweet will now be releasing in January... several months earlier than expected! *cue happy dance*

I've loved both of Sarah Ocker's previous novels, Twenty Boy Summer and Fixing Delilah, so I'm definitely eager to read Bittersweet. And judging from the plot summary, I have a wonderful feeling I'll be falling in love with this one too! 

And isn't the cover so cute? All of her book covers are so pleasing to the eye and this one is no exception!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I tried to add this on goodreads and saw I previously had lol. I think the old title had more 'oomph' but thus one is just too cute! I really liked 20 Boy Summer as well so it'll be nice to read another of Sarah's books! Great pick Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by Sarah Ockler *hangs head in shame* I really need to do that! And two cute hockey boys? Sign me up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with figure skating and hockey - they're both my absolute favourite sports, so THIS BOOK IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! Aaaah! :) Glad you posted about it, because I hadn't even heard about it! Totally on my wishlist! :)


    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I hadn't heard of this one but it's definitely on my list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting! I haven't read Twenty Boy Summer yet, but I will be soon! I am so looking forward to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bittersweet seems to be a very popular pick this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the cover! It's just so amazing! And the book sounds really good too - I've never read any of Sarah's books despite the fact I love the sound of them :P. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Twenty Boy Summer and have Fixing Delilah on my wishlist. I'll have to see if this one is on it otherwise I'll be adding it. I love the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had both of Ockler's previous novels on my TBR for a while, but I haven't gotten around to them yet. This sounds like another sweet read though! I need to get reading on her other books!

    ReplyDelete