Waiting on Wednesday (53) - As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: September 20, 2011
Publisher: Dutton

Summary (from Goodreads):
Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.

Elizabeth Scott is among my favourite authors and the day I find myself not enjoying one of her novels will be a very sad one indeed. So it goes without saying that I'm definitely looking forward to the release of As I Wake! The novel sounds really mysterious and it will be interesting to uncover why Ava hasn't felt comfortable in her own skin since returning home from the hospital. It looks like secrets will certainly be spilled...

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I want to frame this cover. It's so amazing. Elizabeth Scott has the best covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waited in line at ALA for this! Can't wait to read. I love Elizabeth too. She is so quiet and sweet.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! This one sounds really interesting and I like the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth Scott is so versatile! This one again sounds different from previous books she's written...can't tell if there's a paranormal element or not? Anyway, it does sound eerie and I'm usually a fan of amnesia storylines :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super-excited for this! Elizabeth Scott is a fantastic writer and I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick! One of these days I will read one of Elizabeth Scott's books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike! :D Elizabeth Scott is an amazing author. I'll forever keep track of her books :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seriously been in love with the cover of this book for weeks now. It's gorgeous. The font, the model, the cover in general - everything. And I'm totally excited about this book. :)

    Happy Reading! ;)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My IMM
    My Teaser Tuesday
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just crazy about this cover! I'm definitely "waiting on" this one as well.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cover, I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Scott, but I the cover is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohh, I just finished my first Elizabeth Scott novel the other day and I adored it! The synopsis for this one sounds so awesome -- I can't wait!

    As I Wake is an awesome pick for a WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete