Waiting on Wednesday - Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

12:00 PM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: February 28, 2017
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

SUMMARY 
If you want something done right....

When the ruthless Pirate King learns of a legendary treasure map hidden on an enemy ship, his daughter, Alosa, knows that there's only one pirate for the job—herself. Leaving behind her beloved ship and crew, Alosa deliberately facilitates her own kidnapping to ensure her passage on the enemy ship. After all, who's going to suspect a seventeen-year-old girl locked in a cell?

Then she meets the (surprisingly perceptive and unfairly attractive) first mate, Riden, who is charged with finding out all her secrets. Now it's down to a battle of wits and will... Can Alosa find the map and escape before Riden figures out her plan?

Debut author Tricia Levenseller blends action, adventure, romance, and a little bit of magic into a thrilling YA pirate tale. 


Tricia Levenseller's YA debut Daughter of the Pirate King sounds like SO MUCH FUN! Alosa seems like the kind of girl I'd want to befriendresourceful, brave, and (hopefully) ruthless. And I just absolutely love this premise. The daughter of an infamous pirate king facilitating her own kidnapping to find a treasure map on an enemy's ship? Yes, yes, yes! Add in romance and adventure across the high seas and you've got a book that's totally hooked me. I'm absolutely excited for Daughter of the Pirate King!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. There are so many good books coming out in February! I can't wait for this one either. I really like how it sounds and I like the cover a lot too.

    My WoW post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaassss, I can't wait to read this book as well! I have a galley so I hope to get to it soon. It sounds amazing. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete