Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen

8:00 AM

Title: Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers #2)
Author: Michelle Rowen
Release Date: February 26, 2013 (paperback)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 448
Source: Bought

Overall: 4.5 Stars

Summary:
My kiss can kill.

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul…or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't…I hurt myself.

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop—or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy….

NIGHTWATCHERS: When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising… 

My Thoughts:
If you were left with questions after reading Michelle Rowen's Dark Kiss, then you can be assured you'll receive answers in the follow-up novel, Wicked Kiss. The past will come to light and all shall be revealed when it comes to why Bishop and Kraven have such a strained relationship in the present. Much like Samantha, I'd been dying with curiosity to discover what could lead one brother to become an angel and the other a demon. 

It's becoming increasingly difficult for Samantha to ignore her cravings as a "gray". A temporary solution comes in the form of Kraven's kiss, but Bishop and his soul are proving to be too much temptation whenever she is near him. Samantha and Bishop can't help being constantly aware of each other's presence. As Bishop and his small team of angels and demons work together to fulfill their mandate, eliminating the dangerous grays in Trinity, Samantha desperately searches for Steven, her former crush who still has her soul. To make matters worse, the grays are no longer the only threat in the city...

Dark Kiss kind of left an impression that there would be a potential love triangle, but it becomes clear right away in Wicked Kiss that Bishop is the only one who Samantha has ever felt a romantic connection. Considering just how much love I have for Kraven, I wasn't as much of a Bishop fan in the first book, but my heart completely warmed up to him in Wicked Kiss. Bishop really steps up in the novel, showing his strengths and skills in a way that it becomes more obvious why he was chosen to be the team leader. It was like I could finally see why Samantha had been so attracted to him all along.

My affections may have truly grown for Bishop, but it certainly didn't lessen my gushy feelings for Kraven. Even though Samantha may not be the girl for him, as I may have originally wanted when I was reading Dark Kiss, I just wanted him to find happiness. His snarky commentary has always really delighted me! Kraven may have aligned himself with the demons, but he's a much more inherently good person than he gives himself credit. 

Wicked Kiss is a heart-stopping conclusion to the two-part Nightwatchers series! Michelle Rowen wraps up the essential storylines, but also manages to leave a door open should she ever revisit this world. It's an emotionally intense book, with moments that will leave you breathless and feeling like you've just been punched in the gut. Michelle Rowen's Wicked Kiss was everything I hoped it would be and more!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments