Waiting on Wednesday (121) - This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

8:00 AM

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine spotlighting upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Release Date: April 2, 2013
Publisher: Poppy
Add to Goodreads

Summary (from Hachette Book Group): 
If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

One of my favourite YA contemporary novels I've read this year is Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, so when I first heard about her next upcoming novel, This Is What Happy Looks Like, I was giddy with excitement! I love the premise for This Is What Happy Looks Like, and the idea of an accidental email leading to friendship and the possibility of romance. It's funny how strange fate can be that way. Will Graham and Ellie find a way to be together? And what kind of secret is Ellie hiding which makes her want to shy away from the spotlight? I cannot wait to find out!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The story sounds sweet and I recently read another book by hers (the comeback season) and it was good, though it made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds SO good, Liz. Thanks for sharing. Putting it on my TBR list right now.

    Come visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete